Risk User Experience Operations Analyst
Did you know that only around 4% of the world’s GDP comes from internet commerce? At Stripe, we believe that this represents a future with almost limitless potential for innovation, creativity and global prosperity. While the promise of a global online economy is palpable, it doesn’t come without significant risk. Billions of dollars are processed by Stripe each year and the Risk Operations team works to ensure that exposure is minimized while facilitating partner and company growth. Risk UX is focused on improving the user journey with a vision to ideate, create, and execute a world class risk user experience.
We are looking for someone passionate about improving the risk user experience, the payments ecosystem, educating other Stripes in a complex area of risk, naturally curious and has a strong desire to challenge the status quo. This person will work alongside a global team of risk analysts and strategists and build cross functional partnerships with operations, engineering, sales, treasury, vendor management teams and more!
The right candidate for this role will have a minimum of two years experience in user experience related projects and who has successfully worked on establishing and improving operational processes and user facing workflows. You will be on the front lines, handling sensitive, complex user-facing issues. You’ll leverage learnings from these user interactions to build at-scale, proactive, users-first support solutions. You’ll also help shape team strategy and execute on team objectives using complex project management, cross-functional collaboration, and data-driven decision making.
- Work with merchants, from successful venture-backed startups to well established institutions
- Investigate and action/triage escalations across multiple channels, while providing accurate and timely responses
- Own various operational processes that the team performs such as risk user experience reviews and handling urgent risk-related escalations from internals or Financial Partners, whilst upholding a strong commitment to process excellence and clear documentation
- Identify risk factors and trends and further report these identifiers to the wider risk team to ensure consistency in partnership
- Utilize analytics to optimize strategies which can be enforced across Stripes portfolio
- Maintain regular communication with our cross-functional stakeholders, setting up recurring business meetings as necessary
- Identify gaps in current systems, policies and strategies, and recommend enhancements and process improvements
- Uplevel the internal understanding of Stripe’s real-world impact on users, and improve internal processes and workflows to optimize outsourcing and reduce overall escalation rates
- Build scalable solutions across Stripe to ensure Risk support best practices and standards are successfully implemented throughout the user experience
- Utilize subject-matter expertise to partner with cross-functional teams in developing and improving processes and products related to Risk UX
- Participate in monthly, quarterly, and annual business reviews for the Risk UX Operations team
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 2+ years of experience in a customer facing role related to operations, compliance, risk, trust & safety or a similar space
- Strong communication skills and can explain highly technical topics to technical and non-technical audiences
- The ability and desire to challenge the status quo and work in a deeply ambiguous space
- Experience using data to propose creative solutions to both tactical and strategic problems
- Creativity when solving problems from a customer perspective and is pragmatic when solving them
- Deep empathy for entrepreneurs running a business, and are motivated to solve problems to empower them
- Experience analyzing user feedback patterns and use these insights to drive process and product - improvements
- Experience with complex and sensitive user facing issues relating to privacy, user safety, fraud, and supportability
- Experience in SQL/Redshift
- Project/Program Management experience
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.