Risk Operations Analyst (Cantonese-speaking)
Protect our users and enable safe payments for entrepreneurs around the world.
Stripe’s Risk Team is committed to making internet payments safe around the world. The stakes are high, and you will be up against an ever-evolving set of challenges. As an Underwriting Analyst for our APAC market, you will conduct detailed account investigations, partner with our Sales and Legal teams, and drive mitigations that are necessary to protect our business and our users. You will determine how businesses on Stripe are operating and which risks, if any, they may pose to our business. Though you will make these types of judgments daily, the diversity of business sizes, models, and the array of risks you’ll encounter ensure no two days in this role are the same.
As an Underwriting Analyst, you will:
- Review individual Stripe accounts and transactions to identify a host of risky behaviors including fraudulent activity, large credit exposure, and regulatory non-compliance.
- Collaborate with merchants to enact appropriate risk mitigations.
- Partner with our Risk Strategists, Insights Analysts, and Risk Engineers to help refine tools and practices to increase the efficiency of manual reviews, the accuracy of our decisions, and the quality of entrepreneurs’ experience on Stripe.
- Develop, document, and share best underwriting practices with the wider Risk team.
- Interface with internal and external partners to enable the growth of businesses around the world.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Naturally curious and passionate about risk prevention: if something seems off, you want to investigate what’s going on and solve root problems.
- Decisive, yet open to learning: you will make many critical decisions every day, even with the knowledge that you will be wrong some of the time.
- Understanding and empathetic to the challenges of setting up a new business.
- Excellent communicator who is able to convey complex ideas succinctly.
- Business proficiency in Cantonese language as the role may have to interact with Cantonese speaking users.
- Able to communicate in English at a business level (requirement).
Nice to haves:
- Experience with payments, risk, compliance, or the financial industry.
- Experience in a role supporting users at a fast-growing technology company.
You should include these in your application:
- Resume or LinkedIn profile.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.