Stripe's Risk Team is committed to combatting payments risks and making Internet payments safer. Our team is comprised of experts in credit, fraud, and product risks, as well as the underlying operations that manage efficiency and quality control. If you have experience that's relevant to one of these particular areas, please share this in your application.
As a risk strategist, you will enable safer payments for our users and help Stripe manage payments risks intelligently. The stakes are high, and you will be up against ever-evolving challenges. You will face some of the most complex and dynamic problems at the company, and the nature of your work will evolve rapidly to combat new and more sophisticated challenges to Stripe’s payments integrity.
- Monitor accounts and transactions to identify and predict risky behavior
- Scale risk processes to cover an increasingly large and complex landscape of payments risks given our rapidly expanding user base
- Work with our banking partners around the world to tailor fraud and credit risk management techniques to different geographies
- Work with Stripe users to educate them about and help prevent potential risks to their business
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other internal teams at Stripe to implement sustainable solutions for fighting abuse and managing payments risks
- Challenge the payments industry status quo to help enable innovative businesses to flourish online
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Naturally curious and passionate about risk prevention: if something seems off, you want to investigate what’s going on and solve root problems
- Decisive, yet open to learning: you will make many critical decisions every day, even with the knowledge that you will be wrong some of the time
- Understanding and empathetic to the challenges of setting up a new business
- Strong data visualization skills and a passion for data and analysis
- Excellent communicator who is able to convey complex ideas succinctly
Nice to haves:
- Expertise in writing SQL to query relational databases and/or experience with quantitative tools such as Python, R, or Stata
- Experience with payments, risk, or trust & safety and with machine learning teams
- Experience working in fast-paced and rapidly changing start-up environments
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.