Risk Program Manager - User Growth Programs
Stripe’s Risk team plays a significant role in the success of the company. We have direct impact on our financials and are constantly up against ever-evolving challenges. Risk is a dynamic space and we are focused on protecting Stripe, delighting our users, supporting innovative business models, and of course, building and investing in a strong team.
Our team’s goals are to build a comprehensive and global set of programs focused on merchants and platforms. We are in BUILD mode and as a program manager, you will be highly strategic and operational - we are looking for someone that can build relationships and operate across teams at all levels within the organization.
- Be an owner
- Think about the big picture while getting into the details. Be able to identify and balance trade-offs
- Develop relationships and work with teams across the company (Engineering, Financial Crimes, Partnerships, Legal, Sales, etc)
- Push yourself to continuously raise the bar for Stripe and our users
- Be decisive, yet open to learning: you will regularly make critical decisions, even with the knowledge that you will be wrong some of the time
- Show empathy to our users and educate them about prevention of potential risks to their business.
- Challenge the payments industry status quo to help enable innovative businesses to flourish online.
- Build and oversee your program
- Scope, plan, and assess resourcing needs for multiple projects at once
- Scale risk operations given our rapidly expanding user base
- Investigate anomalies and work closely with partners to solve for root problems
- Partner with engineering and data science teams to improve observability and implement programmatic controls
- Refine and iterate. Continuously optimize for efficiency and effectiveness
- Train others and build your own knowledge
- Develop a curriculum and conduct trainings to both Risk and non-Risk teams on potential new industry topics
- Continue to build knowledge on payment and risk trends
- Be involved with ad hoc initiatives
- Present at partner meetings on our risk process, tools, and philosophy
- Represent Stripe at conferences, be a Risk champion and thought leader in the industry
We encourage you to apply if:
- You are comfortable with ambiguity - we mean this. Program managers will likely be building a brand new program. Scoping out projects, forging your own way, and navigating the unknown will be the norm
- You like ownership, being accountable, and driving towards ambitious goals
- You have a team mentality. This is core to Stripe’s operating principles, and is especially true on the Risk team
- Enjoy a challenge. Programs can be difficult to support from a risk perspective as it involves both breadth and depth of knowledge related to many different areas of risk
Nice to haves:
- Expertise in writing SQL to query relational databases and/or experience with quantitative tools such as Python, R, or Stata
- Experience with payments and/or program management
- Experience working with technical teams (e.g. engineering) to drive projects
- Strong data visualization skills and a passion for data and analysis
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.