Risk Partnerships, Americas
We’re looking for a strategic and highly cross-functional individual to join Stripe’s Risk Partnerships & Strategy team.
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. More than 80% of American adults bought something on Stripe in the last year.
As Stripe continues to develop innovative products that serve businesses of all sizes around the world, risk will increase in complexity and scale. As part of the Risk Partnerships & Strategy team, you will play a critical role in the company’s financial and partnership health, enabling Stripe’s growth while partnering with internal and external stakeholders to understand and mitigate against key risks.
- Manage key U.S. and Canada financial partner risk relationships, including building relationships, understanding requirements, and monitoring risk using a metrics-driven approach
- Build a close partnership with our Financial Partnerships team to drive and represent risk objectives for our partner
- Develop relationships and work with partners across product, engineering and business teams to prioritize, scope and roll out launches
- Continue learning about the payments space through industry engagement and independent research, and scale your knowledge to others
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Expertise in managing financial partners to defined metrics, balancing against growth and risk
- Experience in managing day to day risk across a variety of internal and external partners
- Strong stakeholder management including navigating difficult situations, negotiating timelines, and influencing internal and external stakeholders across organizations and borders
- An analytical approach to decision-making. You are analytical, objective and skilled at using metrics to drive decisions
- Demonstrated project management skills and a proven track record for building and scaling programs from the ground up
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and relationship building skills and the ability to convey complex ideas succinctly to all audiences
- 5+ years of professional experience, including experience in partner-facing roles
Nice to haves:
Proficiency in one of the following:
- Card network rules and regulations
- Merchant acquiring
- Card issuing products
- AML OFAC and payment compliance
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.