Head of Risk Business Analysis
Stripe handles billions of dollars every year for millions of businesses around the world, and the Risk team plays a critical role in the company’s financial and partnership health. Risk is a dynamic space where we face ever-evolving challenges, and we rely heavily on data to measure our success, ensure high-quality decisions, and point towards future opportunities.
As the global head of Risk Business Analysis, you’ll lead a growing team of talented data analysts. The Business Analysis team provides analytical solutions to the vertical segment teams and supports rigorous decision making with data-driven approaches to business needs. The Business Analysis team is the backbone of bringing a data-driven approach to Risk.
- Cultivate a data-driven approach to solving problems and set clear goals for success, both for individuals and for the team.
- Work cross-functionally with different operations and engineering teams.
- Mentor and guide data analysts on how to use more advanced methods to solve problems and visualize key metrics.
- Work with engineering to enable the appropriate capture and storage of key data points.
- Help team members with professional growth and challenge them to exceed expectations.
- Present key metrics and findings to leadership.
- Work with other managers to build a world-class Risk organization through recruiting, training, and defining organizational functions.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 7+ years of experience leading an analytical team.
- Experience coaching, mentoring, and managing managers, dedicated to nurturing talent and helping team members perform at their best.
- An excellent problem-solver with strong analytical skills.
- Exceptional communication skills and comfortable communicating with larger audiences.
- Thorough knowledge of SQL and a statistical coding language such as Python or R.
- Experience with statistical analyses and good understanding of machine learning models.
- Experience using big data techniques.
- Confident taking ownership of projects and making decisions in a fast-paced environment with minimal documentation and process.
- Able to deal with ambiguity and manage changing priorities.
You should include these in your application:
- Resume or LinkedIn profile.
- A cover letter.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.