Risk Fraud Manager
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. More than 80% of American adults bought something on Stripe in the last year. A very large part of our endeavor is to expand the scope of problems we tackle beyond payments and into the rest of the financial stack.
As Stripe continues to develop innovative products that serve businesses of all sizes around the world, risk will increase in complexity and scale. As part of the Risk Fraud team, you will play a critical role in proactively identifying, mitigating and blocking constantly evolving forms of merchant fraud risk for Stripe and enabling Stripe’s growth.
- Drive and be responsible for end-to-end fraud risk strategy for new & existing products
- Develop relationships and work with key partners across product, engineering, data science and business teams to effectively manage fraud risk programs
- Manage complicated escalations and and quickly execute remediation strategies
- Work closely with relevant business and engineering leads to build fraud solutions directly into products
- Develop governance, escalation and accountability frameworks
- Lead, mentor and grow a high-performing team
We are looking for someone with:
- Strong stakeholder management skills including navigating difficult situations, negotiating timelines, and influencing internal and external stakeholders across organizations and regions
- Proficiency in risk management, identification and analysis, including the ability to issue spot within the context of new product development
- An analytical approach to decision-making. You are analytical, objective and skilled at using metrics to drive decisions
- Demonstrated project management skills and a proven track record for building and scaling programs from the ground up
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and relationship building skills and the ability to convey complex ideas succinctly to all audiences
- Experience in fraud risk management
- Proven track record of coaching and mentorship
- Experience using SQL
You also likely have :
- Expertise with quantitative tools such as Python, R, or Stata
- Experience in the payments space
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.