Risk Assessment Analyst, EMEA
Stripe is a global technology company that builds infrastructure for online commerce. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We handle billions in transactions each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. As a regulated business, our second line of defence team plays a critical role in assuring the risk and compliance health of Stripe within the broader financial ecosystem.
The successful candidate will report to the Compliance and Controls Lead for Stripe’s regulated entities in Ireland and the UK. You will work with colleagues across our business teams, second line and Internal Audit.
The role provides an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to gain experience while developing and enhancing their skillset in risk and compliance management disciplines. The successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to gain wide ranging exposure to Stripe’s diverse range of business lines, senior management and the governance and workings of the organisation.
You will play a key role in ensuring that the new products and initiatives are assessed from a risk and compliance perspective. To do this you will work across the business, identifying the impacts to existing risks and controls, and working with business owners to help address requirements from risk assessment reviews. We work as one team across our business, so you will have the opportunity to liaise with colleagues in central Group functions, first line teams, Oversight, Compliance, Risk and Internal Audit teams. You will help shape our Assurance and Monitoring programme.
In this role you will help to ensure that Stripe continues to promote a culture of compliance and sound risk management by assisting with the implementation of our enterprise risk management and compliance programmes. You will support our programs for enterprise risk and compliance, ensuring that Stripe’s products, business and operations meet the applicable legal and regulatory requirements, and Stripe’s obligations to its European regulators.
In this role you will:
- Support the creation of the appropriate policy and framework for the assessment of new products and initiatives
- Work with Risk and Control Owners to assess the risks and impacts of new products and initiatives
- Support the development and execution of project plans to address requirements from risk assessment reviews
- Liaise with colleagues in central Group functions to ensure alignment of risk assessment approach and consideration of assessment outcomes
- Inform Assurance and Monitoring Plans by providing insights on areas of focus which emerge from assessments
- Work with business and legal teams to support compliance risk assessments of Upstream initiatives (regulatory change)
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Working knowledge of risk and compliance assessment practices, and a good understanding of the risk and compliance issues that a company like Stripe faces
- 3-5 years of experience in risk, audit or other control function-type functions in the financial services industry, preferably in fintech/payments
- Strong critical thinking, analytical, and data-driven skills
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration skills
- An aptitude for working in a regulated environment and for building compliance by design
- An ability to find solutions to complex and hard problems and ability to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- The horsepower to work in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment and to balance multiple priorities and workstreams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills—including the ability to communicate effectively with different stakeholders across the business
- Ability to understand and interpret regulations, regulatory guidance and apply such in a practical manner in an operational environment
- A strong team player
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.