Regulatory Reporting Program Manager, EMEA
Stripe provides regulated payments and financial services products, and also has a number of regulated subsidiaries, including in Ireland (regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland) and the UK (regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority). Both have programs of periodic and ad hoc regulatory reporting which are critical aspects of the supervisory mechanisms for these entities. The Global Regulatory Reporting team leads the process by which Stripe’s regulatory data is reported externally to regulators. In this role, you will support the Global Regulatory Reporting team by partnering with Legal, Compliance, Accounting, Business/Product, and Data Analytics teams across Stripe to lead the successful identification, assessment, and execution of Stripe’s EMEA regulatory reporting program. This will include understanding and documenting the applicable regulatory reporting requirements in the region, implementing systems and processes for comprehensively tracking those requirements for each of Stripe’s European entities, managing the end to end processes for the collation of data and production of reports and continuously monitoring compliance to meet the expectations of Stripe’s regulators.
Stripe is both a technology company and a financial services company, and you will need to be comfortable straddling both of those worlds every day. The right person for the role will enjoy dealing with that puzzle, seeking creative solutions and moving quickly, often in the face of ambiguity.
- Manage the Regulatory Reporting Program for Stripe in EMEA and be accountable for the timely submission of all required reports for the regulated entities in the region and the program’s overall effectiveness.
- Partner with Regulatory Legal and Compliance teams in Europe to understand and document Stripe EMEA’s regulatory reporting requirements, ensuring such requirements are actionable for supporting data and engineering teams.
- Design and implement the end-to-end processes around report creation and delivery in EMEA.
- Liaise with data analysis teams to ensure the required data inputs for all reports are correct and that the underlying logic generating all reports is up to date and operating effectively.
- Establish appropriate quality control processes to ensure regulatory reports are accurate, meet the documented requirements, and are signed off as appropriate.
- Help design and coordinate the implementation of systems necessary to create efficiencies in the regulatory reporting process, working closely with Regulatory Legal, Accounting, Data Science, and Engineering.
- Build scalable mechanisms and controls for tracking compliance with regulatory reporting requirements in EMEA and in line with the Global Regulatory Reporting team.
- Work with the Global Regulatory Reporting team to document EMEA regulatory reporting controls, ensuring they are auditable.
- Assist the Global Regulatory Reporting team in the evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of regulatory reporting policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Consult with the EMEA business, product and functional teams to develop and manage an effective change management process as and when reporting requirements change due to internal and external factors.
- Produce periodic EMEA Regulatory Reporting program health reports for management/Board of Directors, including trend analysis and recommended strategies.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in leading the delivery of an ongoing program of regulatory reporting requirements in a financial services environment.
- Excellent working knowledge of the Irish and UK regulatory environment for regulated financial services, including experience of direct engagement with the CBI or FCA (or other local regulatory bodies).
- Experience in data analytics, and navigation of multiple data sources to produce cohesive and accurate regulatory reporting deliverables.
- Familiarity with SQL and ability to understand and create queries.
- Experience reading, analysing and compiling financial reports, accounting statements, and financial regulatory transaction reports.
- Experience with financial services, payments, e-money, or other money services business activities.
- Demonstrated experience in executing complex cross-company projects and building scalable programs.
- The ability to quickly understand complex problems and exercise excellent judgement in helping find a well-balanced solution.
- The ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- The ability to work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders.
- An effective and relatable “culture of compliance” mentality.
Nice to have:
- Experience in compliance operations, spanning a diverse set of regulatory compliance responsibilities.
- Financial, accounting or technology degree.
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.