Regulatory Reporting Program Manager - APAC
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. Our business also exists within a highly regulated industry. We are licensed in several countries worldwide and each of those licenses impose certain operational requirements on Stripe, including reporting key information to our regulators.
Stripe provides regulated payments and financial services products, and also has a number of regulated subsidiaries, including in Australia, Singapore, and Malaysia. Both have programs of periodic and ad hoc regulatory reporting stemming from license requirements, and are critical aspects of the supervisory mechanisms for these entities. The Global Regulatory Reporting team leads the process by which Stripe’s regulatory data is reported externally to regulators in support of our business activities. In this role, you will support the Global Regulatory Reporting team by partnering with Legal, Compliance, Accounting, Business/Product, and Data Analytics teams across Stripe to maintain Stripe’s APAC regulatory reporting program. This may include understanding and documenting the applicable regulatory reporting requirements in the region, implementing systems and processes for comprehensively tracking those requirements for each of Stripe’s APAC entities, maintaining the end to end processes for the collation of data, production of reports, and continuously monitoring compliance to meet the expectations of Stripe’s regulators.
Stripe is both a technology company and a financial services company, and you will need to be comfortable straddling both of those worlds every day. The right person for the role will enjoy dealing with that puzzle, seeking creative solutions and moving quickly, often in the face of ambiguity.
- Help design and implement the end-to-end processes around report creation and delivery in the region, including the approval framework, based on regulator’s requirements in each jurisdiction .
- Maintain the Regulatory Reporting Program for Stripe in APAC and be accountable to verify and responsible for the timely submission of in-scope reports to the regulated entities in the region and ensuring the program’s overall effectiveness.
- Partner with Regulatory Legal and Compliance teams in APAC to understand and document Stripe APAC’s regulatory reporting requirements, ensuring such requirements are actionable for supporting data and engineering teams.
- Liaise with data science, engineering and business teams to ensure the required data inputs for all reports are correct and that the underlying logic generating all reports is up to date and operating effectively.
- Build scalable mechanisms and controls for tracking compliance with regulatory reporting requirements in APAC and in line with the Global Regulatory Reporting team.
- Continually identify and create efficiencies in the regulatory reporting process, working closely with Regulatory Legal, Compliance, Accounting, Data Science, and Engineering.
- Partner with Global Regulatory Reporting to establish appropriate quality control processes to ensure regulatory reports are accurate, meet the documented requirements, and are signed off as appropriate, and ensure that they are auditable.
- Assist the Global Regulatory Reporting team in the evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of regulatory reporting policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Consult with the Global Regulatory Reporting team, APAC Business, product and functional teams to develop and manage an effective change management process as and when reporting requirements change due to internal and external factors.
- Produce periodic APAC Regulatory Reporting program health reports for management/Board of Directors, including trend analysis and recommended strategies.
Our ideal candidate will have
- Experience in leading the delivery of an ongoing program of regulatory reporting requirements in a financial services environment, especially in the APAC region.
- Understanding of compliance and regulatory (payments/e-money) obligations.
- Excellent working knowledge of the APAC regulatory environment for regulated financial services, including experience preparing reports for regulators such as the MAS (Monetary Authority of Singapore), BNM (Bank Negara Malaysia) and other local regulatory bodies in APAC.
- Experience in data analytics, and navigation of multiple data sources to produce cohesive and accurate regulatory reporting deliverables.
- Experience reading, analysing and compiling financial reports, accounting statements, and financial regulatory transaction reports.
- Experience with financial services, payments, e-money, or other money transfer services business activities.
- Demonstrated experience in executing complex cross-company projects and building scalable programs.
- The ability to quickly understand complex problems, handle large volumes of data/information and exercise excellent judgement in helping find a well-balanced solution.
- The ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- The ability to work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders.
- An effective and relatable “culture of compliance” mentality.
Nice to have
- Experience in compliance operations, especially reporting responsibilities, and spanning a diverse set of regulatory compliance responsibilities.
- Familiarity with SQL and ability to understand and create queries.
- Financial, accounting or technology degree.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.