Real Estate Transactions Manager
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. More than 80% of American adults bought something on Stripe in the last year.
The Stripe Workplace team creates and operates inspiring, comfortable, and innovative spaces that bring Stripe’s culture and values to life and provide a foundation for achieving our mission. In this role, you will be part of the small (but mighty!) team that determines and executes on our real estate strategy worldwide. We expect you to be ambitious, collaborative, adaptable, and have a positive attitude. This role reports to the Head of Real Estate Strategy and Transactions in San Francisco.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 8+ years experience on a Workplace or Real Estate team working on lease transactions and lease negotiations, preferably at a high-growth company, or masters degree in business, legal, or related field with a demonstrated interest in real estate and/or workplace
- Strong analytical skills, the demonstrated ability to ask the right questions and to use sound business judgment
- Strategic thinker who excels at finding creative solutions to short and long term questions
- The ability to maintain high performance while managing multiple projects under tight timelines, and a “roll up your sleeves” mindset to get any job done
- Ability to effectively collaborate and build relationships with a diverse range of people and job functions/levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to progress projects asynchronously across timezones through written channels
- The ability and willingness to travel for work, including to international destinations
What You’ll Do:
- Drive global lease transactions, including leases, serviced office agreements, and sublease agreements Perform detailed document review of all lease documents
- Partner with Finance on the financial planning and analysis of real estate transactions
- Produce reports, scenario plans, and presentations for real estate transactions and strategy
- Work with Lease Administration on upcoming critical dates, lease expirations, rent payments, and other obligations associated with the leases
- Partner with internal and external Legal and other cross-functional teams on the review and drafting of real estate transactions and coordinating considerations for legal entities, virtual offices and registered addresses
- Partner and build relationships with Workplace team, stakeholders, and business partners to support real estate needs, leasing strategy, headcount projections, and understand local nuances
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.