Real Estate Program Manager, Agile/Flex Offices
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. More than 80% of American adults bought something on Stripe in the last year.
The Stripe Workplace team creates and operates inspiring, comfortable, and innovative spaces that bring Stripe’s culture and values to life and provide a foundation for achieving our mission. As we expand our products, workforce, and impact, a key part of our real estate strategy is to be able to quickly and efficiently launch small offices across the globe that look, feel, and function similarly to our larger, more-established office. In this role, you will be responsible for the development of our real estate strategy for these smaller offices and will own and manage the relationships with our flex/agile office providers. We expect you to be ambitious, collaborative, and never satisfied with the status quo. This role reports to the Workplace - Strategy and Transactions lead in San Francisco.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in real estate, lease administration, workplace operations or a related field, preferably at a high-growth company. Finance experience a plus.
- Familiarity with agile office solutions such as those of WeWork, Knotel, IHG and their competitors
- Strong analytical skills, the demonstrated ability to ask the right questions and to use sound business judgment
- Vendor management experience and strong organizational skills
- The ability to maintain high performance under tight timelines, and a “roll up your sleeves” mindset to get any job done
- The ability and willingness to travel up to 33% of your time, including to international destinations.
- Refine, document, and execute on Stripe’s strategy for opening and operating small offices worldwide.
- Own the relationship with our flex office providers, end to end. This means you will be the consistent representative for Stripe from site selection through project construction, FDOB and eventual move-out. - You will assist other Workplace team members with site selection and negotiations, partner with the project delivery team on any build-out required, lead the charge on accomplishing a successful FDOB, and assist the operations team with navigating any challenges with flex office providers regarding the ongoing operations of each office.
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional partners, including finance, operations teams, and site leads.
- Manage flex office provider and related vendor relationships according to scope and contractual obligations and facilitate project retrospectives and QBRs to collect feedback, draw out lessons learned, document best practices, and drive results.
- Analyze workplace user experience and develop strategies to optimize operational and financial efficiencies while still providing an optimal experience for Stripes.
- Other duties as assigned
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.