Project Manager, Safety & Risk Operations
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe.
As a Project Manager, you will directly impact Stripe’s bottom line growth capabilities as a risk expert enacting data-driven, scalable processes for Stripe’s Global platform portfolio.
- Plan, Execute, Monitor, Control and Close projects along the project life cycle journey.
- Create long and short-term plans, including setting milestones, and adhering to deadlines and allocating resources.
- Make effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress within the project.
- Perform quality control on the project throughout development.
- Determine business process needs and changes, requirements and articulate the impacts that result from large-scale implementations - including policy, procedure, communications and training strategies.
- Assist in designing the internal tooling and manual review workflow creation process.
- Practice holistic ownership, manage day-to-day operational aspects of strategic projects and ensure initiatives are delivering on schedule, on budget and within scope.
- Ensure a broader viewpoint is held, balancing perspectives - understanding other initiatives that are running parallel and ensuring proper overlap and communication between projects.
- Assist in managing the PMO Roadmap, Project Planning and Operational Change Management process.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 4+ years experience project managing significant risk related initiatives in complex, high-growth organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and act tactically.
- Proficiency working with cross-functional business stakeholders and technical teams.
- Ability to streamline ambiguous situations and execute multiple, complex initiatives with precision and urgency.
- Confidence presenting and regularly reporting on initiatives to stakeholder audiences across all levels of the organization.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change, and influences others to change.
- Understanding of and years of practice with various PMI methodologies.
- PMP or Lean Six Sigma - Green Belt certification preferred.
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile
- Cover letter is optional
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.