Program Manager, User Policy Operations Programs
The Risk & Financial Crimes Operations team is looking for an experienced Program Manager to join our team and spearhead our user policy operations programs. This person will develop, manage and execute on high impact initiatives with regard to financial partner restricted business programs and Stripe’s own industry risk appetite.
The Risk team plays a critical role in ensuring a healthy financial eco-system for businesses around the world. We are looking to hire an experienced risk professional who is passionate about project management, the payments ecosystem, educating others in complex areas of risk and is comfortable working to meet deadlines. The right candidate for this role will have a minimum of 5+ years experience in risk/program management within e-commerce or payments and possess a deep understanding of industry high brand risk and restricted business merchant standards (such as HBR registration, Visa GBPP / Mastercard BRAM programs), experience applying policy to real-life scenarios, and have demonstrated partner management experience.
- Drive long-term, strategic initiatives and projects that involve our acquiring and card network partners
- Develop and program manage strategic projects to enhance startup and enterprise user experience
- Work with merchants, from successful venture-backed startups to well established institutions to complete evaluations of their business models for supportability and develop remediation requirements as needed
- Help manage Stripes portfolio by developing a deep understanding of risk across industries, geographies, and operating models
- Utilize analytics to optimize strategies which can be enforced across Stripes portfolio
- Manage multiple projects to enhance and optimize operational strategy systems and tools
- Partner with multiple stakeholders and cross functional teams (Operations Leadership, Operations Managers, Policy, Product, Engineering, Support, Sales, etc) to prioritize and maximize the impact of your projects
- Leverage an analytical mindset. Collect data, user feedback, and market research and use that to improve processes
- Facilitate monthly, quarterly, and annual program reviews for the wider Risk and Financial Crimes Operations team
- Effectively communicate global portfolio performance in consideration of partner and org expectations
We’re looking for someone who has:
- At least 5+ years of risk/program management experience, managing partnerships with global card networks or equivalent strategic, complex key partners
- A proven track record of working effectively in a product-centric environment with significant internal and external dependencies
- Experience partnering with external stakeholders
- The ability to prioritize and guide individuals through competing demands and complex problems
- An operationally focused mindset, with an ability to see a project through to success using planning, metrics and effective communication
- Proficiency in SQL or other data analysis tools
- Experience working in the payments industry or at a leading technology company
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.