Program Manager, Terminal
Stripe Terminal helps Stripe users extend their online presence into the physical world. The Terminal Team’s mission is to make it as easy for businesses to accept in-person payments as the Stripe API has done for online payments. With Terminal, businesses can unlock in-person payments use cases that are right for their business model—whether it’s creating a flagship retail experience, extending their website to a pop-up store, or enabling a mobile point-of-sale at their next event. Stripe Terminal is built atop the Stripe Payments Platform, letting businesses maintain a single view of their customers and sales across online and offline channels. They can also take advantage of Stripe’s integrated payments capabilities, including initiating a subscription in-store with Stripe Billing and letting SaaS platforms and marketplaces accept in-person payments with Stripe Connect.
As a program manager on the Terminal team, you’ll be responsible for creating and running processes that help us coordinate and execute on a global scale. You’ll work closely with Terminal leadership, engineering and product managers, as well as teams across Stripe to deliver projects and programs that improve the overall effectiveness and efficiencies of the team.
The successful program manager has experience leading large-scale projects spanning engineering and operations, is able to distill complexity into clarity, and drives impact and velocity across teams. They are curious, driven, focused, and detail-oriented, able to influence without authority, relentless in driving to closure, and able to build strong relationships. They thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment. They are strategic, able to see the big picture and business context, and able to find creative solutions as a result.
In this role you will:
- Partner with leadership to build internal and external roadmaps for engineering customers
- Build views of how well the Terminal team is executing towards projects - expected delivery timelines, resource constraints, headcount requirements etc.
- Implement reliable planning interfaces across Terminal teams for routing product proposals and getting decisions on staffing/prioritization
- Ensure that dependencies and timelines are well understood by teams contributing to the roadmap
- Track delivery of customer commitments across teams
- Create visibility with leadership on prioritization and resourcing gaps
- Facilitate project retrospectives to collect feedback, draw out lessons learned, and document best practices
You may be a fit if you have:
- 8+ years’ experience in similar or related technology roles, ideally on products focused on enterprise customers
- A track record of providing program management during all phases of software development from kick-off to ship, demonstrating critical thinking and thought leadership
- Experience working on a large scale platform or infrastructure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, building strong relationships with stakeholders and teams around the organization
- Strong project-management skills, with the ability to handle multiple, high-priority projects in a highly demanding environment
- The ability to effectively communicate with colleagues, both on the Enterprise team and in the rest of the company, clearly and concisely
- An extremely responsive and collaborative team-player mentality
- Excellent judgment and demonstrated ability to handle time-sensitive work
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated attention to detail
- Experience on a wide variety of projects, learned new things, and directed your own work from day to day
- Experience helping build culture & community
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.