Program Manager, Corporate Operations
As a program manager on the EMEA Corporate Operations team, you’ll be responsible for creating and running processes that help us coordinate and execute on a global scale. You’ll work closely with enterprise risk and compliance leadership as well as engineering and product teams across Stripe to deliver strategic projects and programs.
The successful program manager may have experience leading large-scale projects spanning engineering and operations. Alternatively you may also come from a finance or legal background and are looking to pivot to a multi disciplinary role that gives you exposure to the operational side of a business. The successful candidate should be able to distill complexity into clarity, and drives impact and velocity across teams. They are curious, driven, focused, and detail-oriented, able to influence without authority, relentless in driving to closure, and able to build strong relationships. They thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment. They are strategic, able to see the big picture and business context, and able to find creative solutions as a result. They also have an appreciation of the fact that good risk and compliance management practices make good business sense.
In this role you will:
- Partner with technical program management, corporate operations, enterprise risk and compliance leadership to to set goals, roadmaps and key results for the team
- Design and run complex processes across engineering and operational teams
- Own specific projects and programs with primary responsibility for success
- Work closely with engineering to perform regulatory reporting and risk & control governance obligations
- Project manage requests arising from internal audit and external audits from regulators and financial partners
- Drive cycles of process improvement for the organization and automation of data reporting and data observability
- Review and identify opportunities to improve the control environment for technology and engineering risk
- Monitor information flow throughout the team, help leadership understand where the gaps are, suggest and execute fixes
- Facilitate project retrospectives to collect feedback, draw out lessons learned, and document best practices
- Prepare and present deliverables for legal entity Boards of Directors
- Create canonical documentation of plans, controls and processes, driving consistency and alignment across teams
- Create systems to track and prioritize product needs and challenges
- Track projects, timelines and commitments on internal projects and customer deliverables
You might be a fit if you have:
- 5-10 years’ experience in similar or related technology roles
- A track record of providing program management during all phases of project delivery from kick-off to ship, demonstrating critical thinking and thought leadership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, building strong relationships with stakeholders and teams around the organization
- Strong project-management skills, with the ability to handle multiple, high-priority projects in a highly demanding environment
- The ability to effectively communicate with colleagues, on the enterprise risk, engineering and legal teams and in the rest of the company, clearly and concisely
- An extremely responsive and collaborative team-player mentality
- Excellent judgment and demonstrated ability to handle time-sensitive work
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated attention to detail
- Worked on a wide variety of projects, learned new things, and directed your own work from day to day
- Experience helping build culture & community
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.