Program Manager, People Systems
We’re looking for a Program Manager to partner with our People and Places Organization to help optimize Stripe’s people technology landscape. You will be responsible for ensuring the People team have the corporate technology products they need to provide best in class services to all Stripes.
- Work closely with business partners to understand and refine requirements, objectives, and processes to drive strategic capabilities
- Review existing technology landscape and provide guidance on optimization and automation
- Effectively set timelines and manage cross-functional project teams to deadlines through the proactive management of blockers, scope, shifting priorities, and other risks
- Lead the technology aspects of project management, discovery, analysis, requirements definition, testing, and go-live support
- Foster a collaborative environment where differing perspectives are encouraged, acknowledged.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 8+ years of relevant Business Systems experience
- 4+ years experience working with HR platforms
- 4+ years of Project Management experience
- Experience partnering with HR teams to design technologies, processes and solutions to support the needs of the business.
- Excellent analytical skills, combined with impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate effectively with management, IT, non-technical internal and external users, vendors and international teams
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment, and lead and drive complex operational initiatives
- Proven ability to self-start on both small and large initiatives with lots of ambiguity
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Workday and Greenhouse
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.
We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.