Program Manager Lead, Enterprise
Many of the largest companies in the world now rely on Stripe for payments infrastructure: Facebook, Google, Amazon, Shopify, Atlassian, Slack, Lyft, Uber, DoorDash, Instacart, and the list is growing every day. Late Stage and Enterprise customers now account for well over half of our payments volume. At the same time, our design center has been historically the impatient developer working at a fast moving startup and while we want to maintain this focus on startups, we must complement it with a commensurate focus on Enterprise customers. Stripe is well on its way to becoming a best-in-class Enterprise software and infrastructure company, and we want you to help complete that transformation.
As a program manager on the Enterprise team, you’ll be responsible for creating and running processes that help us coordinate and execute on a global scale. You’ll work closely with Enterprise & Payments leadership as well as teams across Stripe to deliver strategic projects and programs.
The successful program manager has experience leading large-scale projects spanning engineering and operations, is able to distill complexity into clarity, and drives impact and velocity across teams. They are curious, driven, focused, and detail-oriented, able to influence without authority, relentless in driving to closure, and able to build strong relationships. They thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment. They are strategic, able to see the big picture and business context, and able to find creative solutions as a result.
In this role you will:
- Partner with leadership to build internal and external roadmaps for Enterprise customers
- Build views of how well Stripe is executing across the needs of the Enterprise segment - expected delivery timelines, resource constraints, headcount requirements etc.
- Implement reliable planning interfaces across Stripe eng teams for routing product proposals and getting decisions on staffing/prioritization
- Ensure that dependencies and timelines are well understood by teams contributing to the roadmap
- Track delivery of enterprise commitments across Stripe teams
- Create visibility with leadership on prioritization and resourcing gaps
- Facilitate project retrospectives to collect feedback, draw out lessons learned, and document best practices
You may be a fit if you have:
- 10+ years’ experience in similar or related technology roles, ideally on products focused on enterprise customers
- Significant experience working with strategic accounts and relevant Sales/Pricing/Legal/Finance teams
- A track record of providing program management during all phases of software development from kick-off to ship, demonstrating critical thinking and thought leadership
- Experience working on a large scale platform or infrastructure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, building strong relationships with stakeholders and teams around the organization
- Strong project-management skills, with the ability to handle multiple, high-priority projects in a highly demanding environment
- The ability to effectively communicate with colleagues, both on the Enterprise team and in the rest of the company, clearly and concisely
- An extremely responsive and collaborative team-player mentality
- Excellent judgment and demonstrated ability to handle time-sensitive work
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated attention to detail
- Experience on a wide variety of projects, learned new things, and directed your own work from day to day
- Experience helping build culture & community
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.