Product Strategist - Financial Infrastructure
Financial Infrastructure works closely with users, gateways, card networks, banks, payout partners, and engineering to investigate and solve problems that arise in Stripe’s financial ecosystem. By hearing directly from our users, we are on the front line to make sure that all of these moving parts are working correctly. We utilize Stripe’s data to isolate root causes, determine scope, monitor changes, and build reports to help both internal and external stakeholders understand and navigate issues.
- Investigate issues in Stripe’s financial infrastructure – including declines, authorizations, refunds, payouts, and non-card payment methods
- Help to manage betas and launch coordination of new payment methods and payments flows, working directly with - engineering teams to surface feedback and onboard new users
- Reach out directly to external partners and issuing banks to probe service issues or changes in behavior, and direct resolutions
- Receive and refine product feedback related to our financial infrastructure, and work with engineering teams to plan and prioritize work to address user needs
- Assist other user-facing teams in complex user conversations, leveraging your deep Payments expertise
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 2+ years writing SQL queries, and using data for problem solving
- Ability to confidently make decisive judgement calls in the absence of fully complete information
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and is effective in adjusting their style with audiences of varying technical ability
- Demonstrated interest in and/or direct payments industry experience
- A proven track record for working well across teams and with external partners
- Is comfortable working independently and collaborating with a distributed team
- Is excited to build resources to help other Stripes understand these complex topics
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.