Product Platform Engineering Manager, Payment Intelligence
We’re looking for an engineering manager to grow and lead a team that builds the platform systems that power our products in Payment Intelligence. These platform systems would provide common capabilities to evaluate decision points, detect fraud and optimization anomalies in the ecosystem, and continuously optimize the systems to achieve optimal user values. A successful candidate would be someone who is passionate about helping and growing people, comfortable working in a rapidly evolving environment and product landscape, and taking initiative, biasing toward action.
- Grow and lead a team of talented engineers to build out new platform systems that power a suite of products in Payment Intelligence
- Drive the tech roadmap and priorities for the team, and work with dependencies across the company
- Support the team in achieving high level of technical excellence and execution velocity
- Manage processes and remove roadblocks to help the team do its best work
- Recruit, coach and develop engineers to build a high performing engineering team with a healthy culture
- Work effectively with cross functional stakeholders and dependent teams across Stripe
- Contribute to org-wide engineering initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team
We’re looking for someone who has:
- At least 3 years of engineering management experience and 6 years of overall software development experience
- Managed engineering teams that have built and operated platforms/systems at scale
- Strong technical expertise in scalable and performant distributed systems design and architecture
- Demonstrated success in hiring and growing teams
- True passion to develop engineers and support their career development
- Worked very well cross functionally, and demonstrated ability to think rigorously and make hard decisions and tradeoffs
- An ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
You should include these in your application:
- Your resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A 1-2 paragraph summary of your favorite project from any of your work or personal experiences
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people from various backgrounds with broad technical skills. Stripes take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and empowering entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We contribute to open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues well. The kind of people who commit to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do). We’re a diverse organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.