Product Ops Program Manager, Payments Experience: Payment Flows
Stripe is a technology company that builds e-commerce infrastructure for the internet.
The Payments Flows team builds APIs that developers use to model & operate every step of their checkout & payment flow, using any payment method – from intent to pay through completion or abandonment. As a product operations manager, you’ll be a key member of the team, working directly with product management and engineering. You’ll be responsible for building strong connections with user-facing teams (support, sales, account management, etc), empowering them with product knowledge, ensuring a tight product feedback loop, and coordinating smooth, high-quality feature launches. You will also work directly with users, learning more about their use cases and problems in order to improve our products. This role is highly cross-functional and will be a critical lever for us to deliver more value to more users, faster.
This role will work closely with the Payments Experience product teams in San Francisco and is based in the Dublin office, beginning as soon as possible.
- Plan, coordinate, and drive discipline around the processes for user betas, launches, global rollouts and migrations (in partnership with go-to-market teams)
- Help source, qualify, onboard, track & support beta users for your Payments Experience product
- Make sure user-facing teams are ready with the information and processes required to support new products (training, playbooks, documentation, resolution paths, FAQs, etc)
- In general, setup, manage, and optimize any non-technical processes that help your product/eng team meet its goals more efficiently. Build processes for scale
Build Strong Product Feedback Loops
- Work with user-facing teams (and in some cases with users directly) to collect, quantify & communicate product-related challenges to be considered by product and engineering in future development
- Uplevel the understanding of how the product is being used in the real world.Help translate top user insights into product solutions
- Surface use-cases and edge-cases from around the world. Work with regional teams to validate requirements and proposed product solutions
- Report and prioritize bugs and feature requests
Scale Product Knowledge Throughout the Company
- Serve as a central expert, and maintain an updated central source of truth for information about your team's products
- Partner with user-facing teams to help them make more tailored content for specific audiences
- Regularly provide updates on your products and progress in Product Ops team-wide channels (internal newsletters, internal webinars, etc)
Build a Global, Cross-functional Community
- To smoothly facilitate the above activities, you will partner closely with other functions like product marketing, support, account management, product training, and others
- Identify and actively build connections with relevant subject matter experts across the company to surface insights, to get them excited about what your team is building, and to pave the way for smoother future rollouts
- Serve as a central point of contact for inbound requests from other teams, responding (or appropriately routing them) to save engineering time
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- A can-do attitude and ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Have a passion for delivering quality product experience and an outstanding user experience
- Have worked directly with product and engineering teams, and aren’t afraid to get into technical details
- Have product operations experience
- Get excited about learning the ins and outs of products, and serving as an internal expert
- Have strong analytical skills
- You enjoy working in SQL/Redshift
- You can analyze user feedback patterns and use these insights to drive product improvements
- You can comfortably present data analysis to product and eng leadership on an ongoing basis
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You’re great at explaining highly technical topics to technical and non technical audiences, with a talent for building empathy for user problems
- You can communicate well with our users, partners, and Stripe about Connect
- Are an awesome project and program manager.
- Able to write clear and concise functional specs, project / release plans, and roadmaps.
- You’re able to work with and direct many stakeholders towards our stated goals
- You work effectively with engineering and go to market teams to get our products to market
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 2+ years of experience in an operational, product or project management role
- You have experience with payments-related products or with technical platforms
- This role will work closely with the Payments Experience product teams in San Francisco and is based in the Dublin office, beginning as soon as possible
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.