Product Marketing Manager - Connect
Help define and amplify the Stripe story and connect our products with users.
Our Product Marketing team’s mission is to generate customer insights that inform Stripe’s product strategy, lead go-to-market for our suite of products, and create and execute campaigns to drive product growth. Product Marketing is a highly cross-functional role at Stripe, partnering closely with Product and Engineering, Sales, Design, Developer Relations, and Communications to name a few. Different from many other Product Marketing teams, our team works across the entire product lifecycle, from helping shape the product, to driving launch and commercialization, to growing product adoption post-launch.
We’re looking for a Product Marketing Manager for Stripe Connect. You’ll join a small (but mighty) team and work to deeply understand our users, become an expert about our stack, and connect the two in meaningful ways. If you’re excited about a hands-on role that spans the gamut of product marketing work, we’d love to hear from you!
- A storyteller. You have deep empathy for users and are able to adapt how you communicate to best reach and engage your audience—from developer to CFO—and differentiate Stripe. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Data-oriented. You like working with data and insights and pair that with your passion for users to generate balanced and thoughtful points of view for how to take our products to market
- Organized. You are able to manage highly interdependent, complex projects and keep various workstreams on track
- Passionate about technology. You are keen to learn about how things work and are able to explain technical concepts in ways that everyday people can understand
- Ambitious. You are eager to make an impact at Stripe. You thrive in a fast-moving, dynamic, hyper-growth environment and are able to operate fluidly between the 30,000-foot strategy level and the micro-detail to get things right. You know how to lead teammates, partners, and stakeholders through ambiguity and change
- A team player. PMMs collaborate across the Marketing and nearly every other team at Stripe. You are able to work with a range of disciplines to execute on your work
- Craft positioning and messaging informed by user research, market insight, and product understanding.
- Work closely with a range of cross-functional teams—product managers, sales, design, PR, and engineering—to develop go-to-market strategy, execute launches, and build websites and marketing materials
- Deeply understand our different segments: talk regularly to users, sit in on Sales calls, and partner with the Analytics team for a quantitative view.
- Advocate for our existing and prospective users, be informed about our competitive landscape, and become the go-to expert for Connect.
- Enjoy hands-on work (writing blog posts, drafting user emails, and more) as much as driving the high-level strategy the product.
- Help enable every user-facing team at Stripe—from Sales and Support to local teams in other countries.
- Care about the impact of your work: partner with product teams and Growth Marketing to track the right metrics and execute campaigns and content that drive awareness and adoption on an ongoing basis.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 6-8 years of relevant work experience that can span marketing, product marketing, product management, operational roles, or strategy consulting.
- 4 years of product marketing work experience, specifically in a technology company.
- Experience working on product marketing throughout a product’s lifecycle.
- Passion for creating messaging and positioning that’s creative, differentiated, and helpful.
- Great project management skills and the ability to prioritize and keep ambiguous projects on track with cross-functional teams.
- An orientation towards results.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.