Product Manager, Testing API and Sandboxes
A key component of delivering on that promise is giving developers confidence they wrote the right code to integrate with Stripe’s APIs. As a developer products product manager, you’ll be responsible for delighting developers as they test Stripe APIs and write tests to assure themselves that their Stripe integration won’t break in the future.
To achieve this goal, you will partner with every product in Stripe to drive your vision. You will plan, roadmap, and design a better future for developers on Stripe. You will ship products frequently and talk to customers regularly to make sure we’re solving their problems well.
- Partner with the engineering team to ship functionality that delights users, has the right balance of impact vs engineering cost, and makes a measurable impact on the business
- Interact with customers daily and translate their needs into product requirements
- Develop the vision, strategy, and roadmap for future investments in giving developers to ship better integrations with Stripe
- Define key success metrics for developer products
- Work closely with user researchers to test hypotheses and understand developer pain points
- Validate product ideas and prototypes with early adopters
- Work closely with developer relations & developer marketing to launch new features and drive product awareness and adoption
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Both passion for and experience shipping tools for developers. For example, you’ve shipped CLIs, client libraries, APIs, and/or an IDE extension
- 3+ years of Product Management experience
- Computer Science background or equivalent technical experience
You may be a fit if:
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You are a member of the developer community and have a strong understanding of developer needs
- You’re very knowledgeable of the tools and processes development teams use to develop, build, and, test integrations
- You’re enjoy using social media to interact directly with customers for feedback
- You’ve shipped code you’re not proud and wish you had better tools to make it
- You have had problems with developer tools in the past and want to solve your own problems
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run, and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.