Product Manager, Terminal Platform
We’re looking for a product manager to help lead and shape the future of our Terminal Platform - across device management, overall scalability and reliability, and creating the infrastructure for deploying our payment applications for our Stripe readers. In this role, you will help the largest platforms effortlessly manage their ever-growing fleet of Terminal devices (readers) by building automated hardware logistics capabilities globally and building our device management features and tools. You will also collaborate across Stripe to enable users to customize the on-reader experiences.
- Set a motivating multi-year vision and then break it down into measurable, meaningful milestones for the Terminal Platform team. This includes creating buy-in, crafting roadmaps and OKRs, and navigating trade-offs
- Partner with software and hardware engineers and cross functional partners to research, discover, and deeply understand what internal developers need to unlock value for our end users
- Build empathy with our end users and the differentiation they aim to deliver for their merchants
- Use metrics to inform your point of view and leverage analytics to measure success
- Define product requirements and participate in sprint planning rituals to deliver against those requirements and the overall roadmap
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of product management experience or equivalent -Demonstrated success and strong execution track record in building and sustaining scalable platform products
- Great interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communication. You can collaborate and thrive in productive, healthy debate done with mutual respect and shared goals. You can make complex concepts accessible with clear communication
- Experience working on products with developer interfaces (APIs, SDKs); hardware or hardware-related product experience a plus
- Technically adept systems thinker, ideally with a Computer Science or equivalent degree or experience working as a software engineer
Nice to haves:
- Experience in 1 - 2 of the following areas are nice to have:
- Mobile device management
- Android operating system internals
- Payments and/or eCommerce
- Marketplace platforms
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run, and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.