Product Manager, Tax Platform
Solve the complexity of taxes for global money movement
About the role and the team
We accept, manage, and payout money across countries, currencies, and payment methods. Millions of businesses, from startups to Fortune 100, expect Stripe to be reliable, fast, secure, and effortlessly work at scale. We handle (many, many) billions of dollars every year.
The Tax Platform team builds the engine to correctly calculate, assess, and report on global taxes for Stripe’s products. We solve tax complexity so Stripe users can operate and grow globally, and build new businesses and global marketplaces on top of Stripe’s global payment network..
You’d work closely with customers and our application and dashboard teams to design and build user-facing product experiences and APIs. You’ll be paired with engineering teams in Seattle and collaborate with our global engineering teams in Dublin and Singapore to unlock Stripe’s global expansion.
Our ideal Product Manager has led technical products or large-scale platforms, has an extreme attention to detail, concisely communicates complex concepts, and is equally excited about 99.999% reliability, financial correctness, and elegant workflows and API design.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Built APIs, products, and complex systems at scale
- Experience working on a large scale platforms or infrastructure
- A computer science, math, or science degree or software engineering experience
You may be a fit if:
- You turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs and problems into structured action plans
- You’re a creative product thinker who loves collaborating across the company with engineering, analytics, marketing, design and sales
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- You have created products and solutions at the intersection of user problems, regulations, and policy
- You have experience managing technical software products from kick-off to ship
- You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or hunting down the root cause of a user’s frustration
- Beyond just shipping new products, you obsess about continuous product improvement and can optimize for shipping a portfolio of small, medium and large releases
- You’ve ever started or run a business before
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.