Product Manager, Support Products
Support Products builds the user interfaces and infrastructure that lets Stripe users talk to Stripe teams thousands of times every day.
About Support Products at Stripe
Businesses that run on Stripe, from fledgling upstarts to household names, place significant trust in Stripe to accelerate their success. This makes our user-facing teams, and the software layer that connects them with users, mission-critical: users need fast, accurate, contextualized answers to their questions, 24/7, over phone, chat, and email.
The Support Products engineering team builds and improves Stripe’s support experience including paid support offerings, from end to end: how users get help within our products, how they get in touch with us when they have questions, and how our teams use internal tools to answer those questions. We’re accountable for the quality and reliability of this support stack and we use data and firsthand user research to continuously improve it. We’re a small, distributed team of capable, friendly, user-oriented engineers and we partner closely with Stripe’s world-class design, product, infrastructure, and operational teams. Providing great support to users of all sizes is culturally important to everyone at Stripe.
Support Products is a distributed team based out of our growing office in Seattle. As the Product Manager leading Support Products, you will partner with capable, empathetic engineers and internal stakeholders to:
- Understand the support needs of all Stripe users through direct user research, data analysis, and product intuition
- Work side-by-side with user-facing teams to understand their needs, develop short-term and long-term solutions, and deploy those solutions across our global 24/7 support operation
- Shepherd the technical and operational roadmaps that will enable the team — and in turn all of Stripe — to deliver exceptional product and service quality at increasing scale
- Execute on those roadmaps with urgency and focus
- Analyze and communicate the impact of what the Support Products team ships
We’re looking for people with a background in building successful products, experimenting with new ways to structure and share information, distilling complex needs to simple interfaces, and who are comfortable learning new technologies and systems. Most importantly, we’re looking for people who are enthusiastic about working with people from a variety of backgrounds, roles, and needs. If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to apply.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience with payments-related products or with technical platforms
- Built products by collaborating across engineering, analytics, marketing, design and other key stakeholders
- Approached product management from a user’s vantage point and is motivated by the chance to improve the lives of customers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a precise talent for articulating customer challenges
- Experience managing technical software products from kick-off to ship
- A whatever-it-takes approach to ensure that your product and team are successful
- The ability to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Not only shipped new products, but is obsessed about continuous product improvement and can optimize for shipping a portfolio of small, medium and large releases.
- Started or ran a business before
We don’t expect that candidates will have expertise across all of these areas—we’re looking for folks that are particularly strong in some of these areas, and have some interest and capabilities in the others.
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.