Product Manager, Stripe Terminal, Terminal Payments
Build infrastructure for software-only in-person payment acceptance
Stripe Terminal helps our users extend their online presence to the physical world. The Terminal team’s mission is to make it as easy for businesses to accept in-person payments as the Stripe API has done for online payments. With Terminal, businesses can unlock in-person payments use cases that are right for their business model—whether it’s creating a superb retail experience, extending their website to a pop-up store, or enabling a mobile point-of-sale at their next event.
As a Product Manager on the Terminal’s Payment Acceptance team, you’ll be responsible for building APIs, products, and platforms to support in-person payment acceptance for our users. Increasingly, paying in person is facilitated by an exchange of bits, not atoms. Cash, checks, and even physical credit cards are giving way to NFC, QR, and other forms of digital payment. You’ll help figure out how Stripe can help our users accept these new forms and methods of in-person payments. You’ll work closely with customers, partners, Stripe teams like Connect, Payments, and Global, as well as our payment infrastructure teams that sit at the core of Stripe. You’ll be paired with an engineering team in SF and collaborate with our global engineering teams in Dublin and Singapore.
- Become an expert on our users’ needs, customer expectations, and emerging in-person payment trends and translate that understanding into a strategy and roadmap for the Terminal’s global payment acceptance flows and payment method support
- Gather the requirements and develop the roadmap to enable these features to scale to business around the globe
- Work closely with other product teams at Stripe including Connect, Payments, and our Global APAC, EMEA, and LatAM teams
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a strong track record of managing the full life cycle of a technical product – from ideation to ship to continuous refinement of software and/or hardware products – as a PM or entrepreneur
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills, with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems. You can collaborate and thrive in productive, healthy debate done with mutual respect and shared goals. You can make complex concepts accessible with clear communication
- Has experience working on products with developer interfaces (i.e., APIs and SDKs); hardware or hardware-related product experience a plus
- Is a technically adept systems thinker, ideally with a Computer Science or equivalent degree or experience working as a software engineer
You may be a good fit if you:
- Know the ins and outs of online or in-person payments (EMV, QR codes, point-of-sale software, etc.)
- Have experience forging, growing, and managing technical/product partnerships with leading technology and payments companies
You should include these in your application:
- Your resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A 1-2 paragraph summary of your favorite project from any of your work or personal experiences
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.