Product Manager, Stripe Terminal, Device Ecosystem
As a Product Manager on the Terminal’s Device Ecosystem team, you’ll be responsible for building out our payments platform for Stripe readers to support in-person payment acceptance for our users globally. You’ll help figure out how Stripe can help our users accept these new forms and methods of in-person payments from our portfolio of payment devices. You’ll work closely with customers, partners, as well as our hardware teams that sit at the core of Stripe Terminal. You’ll be paired with engineering teams in San Francisco, Seattle, and remote, and you’ll partner with hardware teams and financial partners.
- Become an expert on our users’ needs, customer expectations, and in-person payment standards and methods and translate that understanding into a strategy and roadmap for the Terminal device ecosystem payments platform - in partnership with engineering counterparts
- Build the device payments platform to enable card and non-card based payment methods across our portfolio of devices
- Work closely with other product teams at Stripe as well as our payment partners globally
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Has a strong track record of managing the full life cycle of a in-person payments product – from ideation to ship to continuous refinement of software and hardware products
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills, with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems. You can collaborate and thrive in productive, healthy debate done with mutual respect and shared goals. You can make complex concepts accessible with clear communication
- Has experience working on in-person payments hardware/software solutions meeting EMV and PCI standards
- Is a technically adept systems thinker, ideally with a Computer Science or equivalent degree or experience working as a software engineer
You may be a good fit if you:
- Know the ins and outs of in-person payments (EMV L2 and L3, QR codes, point-of-sale software)
- Have experience forging, growing, and managing technical/product partnerships with hardware companies and financial institutions
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run, and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.