Product Manager, Stripe Infrastructure
- Partner with the engineering team to ship functionality that delights users, has the right balance of impact vs engineering cost, and makes a measurable impact on the business
- Interact with external users and propose critical infrastructure abstractions that best serve them
- Validate product ideas and prototypes with early adopters
- Define key success metrics for developer products
- Work closely with developer relations & developer marketing to launch new features and drive product awareness and adoption
- Work on service definition and roadmap internal to the company
- Work on external user-facing APIs and abstractions like provisioned capacity, abstractions for end users to achieve complete fault tolerance, developer facing dashboards for users to diagnose errors in their usage of Stripe, etc.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Both passion for and experience shipping APIs and tools for developers
- 5+ years of Product Management experience
- Computer Science background or equivalent technical experience
- Preferred but optional: People who have proposed pricing for products and/or modeled provisioned capacity
You may be a fit if:
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You have a strong understanding of developer needs
- You’re knowledgeable of the tools and processes development teams use to develop, build, and, test integrations
- You are hands-on with APIs and documentation
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run, and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.