Product Manager, Risk
Although risk management often implies a tradeoff between the product experiences we create for users and our desire to mitigate risk, the Risk team at Stripe refutes that base case paradigm. Instead, Risk creates innovative products, programs and policies to improve the user experience and grow the product, while systematically mitigating payment risks for Stripe’s business and partners.
You’ll be responsible for building APIs, products, and platforms. In addition to working with engineering, design and analytics, you’ll work closely with the broader Risk team which includes operations, partnerships and strategy, and compliance functions.
At Stripe, product development is a collaborative effort between engineering, design, analytics and customer-facing teams. You’d be joining a small but growing team of experienced Product Managers who have a track record of successfully building large-scale business and consumer products that are collectively impacting millions of users around the world.
- Help drive a risk-centric approach to innovating Stripe’s products and infrastructure
- Lead collaboration between engineering, design, data science and user-facing teams
- Partner with and influence the roadmaps of multiple other product teams like Connect, Issuing, Terminal, Payments, Capital, and Radar to design and build our risk abstractions and systems
You may be a fit if:
- You have experience working on large scale platforms or infrastructure at a fast paced tech company
- You are comfortable navigating difficult technical tradeoffs
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- You have impeccable product taste, and have shipped products with great user experiences at scale
- You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful - whether that means writing a QA plan or hunting down the root cause of a user’s frustration
- 6+ years of product management experience
- Technical skills e.g., ability to gain an in-depth understanding of software systems, build a robust integration with the Stripe API, make meaningful contributions to high-stakes discussions on data modeling or software architecture, etc.
- Strongly preferred: Have significant experience with compliance or risk related products.
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.