Product Manager, Risk & Supportability
Although risk management often implies a tradeoff between the product experiences we create for users and our desire to mitigate risk, the Risk team at Stripe refutes that base case paradigm. Instead, Risk creates innovative products, programs and policies to improve the user experience and grow the product, while systematically mitigating payment risks for Stripe’s business and partners.
You’ll be responsible for helping to lead a critical team with high impact initiatives with regard to financial partner restricted business programs and Stripe’s own industry risk appetite, including direct P&L impact. In addition to working with engineering, design and analytics, you’ll work closely with the broader Risk team which includes operations, partnerships and strategy, and compliance functions.
At Stripe, product development is a collaborative effort between engineering, design, analytics and customer-facing teams. You’d be joining a small but growing team of experienced Product Managers who have a track record of successfully building large-scale business and consumer products that are collectively impacting millions of users around the world.
- Be responsible for helping set Stripe’s strategy for complying with regulatory and financial partner requirements
- Define goals related to user experience, constantly pushing the status quo
- Work with partner teams to design scalable detection systems that combine machine learning and human in the loop strategies
- Lead collaboration between engineering, design, data science and user-facing teams
- Partner with and influence the roadmaps of multiple product teams like Connect, Issuing, Terminal, Payments, and Capital to design and build our risk abstractions and systems
You may be a fit if:
- You have experience working on large scale platforms or infrastructure at a fast paced tech company
- You have impeccable product taste, and have shipped products with great user experiences at scale
- You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- You have the ability to communicate well to the broader organization; setting a compelling vision and with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- You have experience partnering with external stakeholders
- 6+ years of product management experience
- Technical skills e.g., ability to gain an in-depth understanding of software systems, build a robust integration with the Stripe API, make meaningful contributions to high-stakes discussions on data modeling or software architecture, etc.
- Strongly preferred: Have significant experience with compliance or risk related products, experience partnering with external stakeholders
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.