Product Manager, Payments, Conversion
About the Team:
Our team focuses on helping users effortlessly increase their revenue and margin. Keeping up with payments optimization and customer conversion best practices can be difficult, and divert time away from users’ core products. We want to make it much easier - automating when we can - for users to convert customers into revenue.
Our ideal Product Manager is motivated to create value for users and has worked on machine-learning, payments, or API-based products. They think deeply about storytelling and building trust, and have brought well-loved products with surprisingly great user experiences to scale.
- Deeply understand user needs across customer and payments conversion
- Create and improve products, working with a full-stack and ML engineering team. You’ll own the strategy and roadmap
- Lead cross-functional partners–including partnerships, marketing, sales, finance, and more–to bring new products and features to market. You’ll drive our revenue and adoption targets
You may be a fit if:
- You have impeccable product taste, and have shipped products with great user experiences at scale
- You have strong strategic instincts and business sense. You’ve led bringing a product to market and are savvy about positioning and storytelling
- You shine at analyzing data and are seasoned in experimentation and building 0-1 products
- You can set up and drive stellar execution across product and go-to-market teams. You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Beyond just shipping new products, you obsess about continuous product improvement and can optimize for shipping a portfolio of small, medium and large releases
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or hunting down the root cause of a user’s frustration
- Preferred: Experience working with or interest in building machine learning-based products
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run, and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.