Product Manager, LATAM
Build new products and services to enable the growth of businesses and marketplaces in Latin America.
Many of the largest companies in the world now rely on Stripe for payments infrastructure: Facebook, Google, Amazon, Shopify, Atlassian, Slack, Lyft, Uber, DoorDash, Instacart, and the list is growing every day. Many of these companies are expanding into Latin America and looking for a partner to help them accelerate their growth in their region. At the same time, startups and established players in Mexico, Brazil and other Latin American countries have seen tremendous growth in e-commerce and new business models and have aggressive growth plans. Stripe is well on its way to becoming a best-in-class software and infrastructure company serving the Latin American market, and we want you to help complete that transformation.
As a Product Manager in the LATAM Product and Engineering organization, you will be responsible for building APIs and products to extend Stripe’s Global Payments and Treasury Network (GPTN) platform. You will work closely with customers, partners, as well as Stripe teams like Connect, Issuing, Terminal, Billing, Radar and Capital, as well as our payment infrastructure teams that sit at the core of Stripe. You’ll be paired with engineering teams in San Francisco or Seattle, and will have the opportunity to collaborate with our global engineering teams in Dublin and Singapore.
Our ideal Product Manager has led technical products or large-scale platforms, has an extreme attention to detail, concisely communicates complex concepts, and is equally excited about 99.9999% reliability and financial correctness as well as beautiful product UX and API design.
At Stripe, Product Managers help build innovative payments products for our customers. Product development is a collaborative effort between engineering, design, analytics and customer-facing teams. You’d be joining a small but growing team of experienced Product Managers who have a track record of successfully building large-scale business and consumer products that are collectively impacting millions of businesses around the world.
- Spend significant time with users (and user-facing teams) in Latin America and observe patterns/trends across their needs and the larger market
- Synthesize product solutions, bringing your unique product vision to the table – solving for “faster horse” problems typical in user feedback channels
- Own the end-to-end product lifecycle for new products serving the needs of users in Latin America – everything from supporting new payment methods, to integrating with local or regional partners, to launching new products that uniquely address the needs of users in the region
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of experience in a product role
- Experience working on global products and markets
- Built products by collaborating across engineering, analytics, marketing, design and other key stakeholders
- Experience managing technical software products from kick-off to ship
- Not only shipped new products, but is obsessed about continuous product improvement and can optimize for shipping a portfolio of small, medium and large releases
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a precise talent for articulating customer challenges
- English and Spanish language fluency
- A computer science, math, or science degree, or similar experience
Nice to haves:
- Experience with payments-related products
- Experience working in Latin America
- Started or ran a business before
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.