Product Manager, Identity
Before Stripe, every growing internet platform had a payments team. Today, every growing internet platform has an Identity team. Identity verification is a core piece of economic infrastructure for online businesses. Great Identity solutions can help platforms automate the process of satisfying regulatory obligations while keeping their users safe. Join Stripe to build a service that empowers platforms to take the burden and cost out of identity verifications and scale globally with ease.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead our product strategy, building a new end-to-end Identity Verification experience that enables users to establish trust, accelerate globalization, and open up new market opportunities quickly with just a few lines of code.
At Stripe, Product Managers help build innovative products each of which runs like a startup. Product development is an extremely collaborative effort between engineering, design, analytics and customer and partner-facing teams. You’d be joining an extended team of experienced Product Managers who have a track record of successfully building large-scale business and consumer products that are collectively impacting millions of users around the world.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Ideally 8+ years product management experience in fast growing teams
- Proven ability to take a product from the earliest conception to successful market adoption
- Strong design and user sensibilities - ability to view product from a user’s vantage point and is motivated by the chance to improve the lives of customers
- Experience working on technical B2B and B2C products
- Technical aptitude. Comfortable with the internal workings of online services and opinionated about APIs Ability to inspire engineering teams to elevate their product ambitions and has collaborated closely on architecture and product decisions alike
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- Experience and proficiency working on external strategic partnerships
- Experience operating within fraud mitigation, risk management or otherwise adversarial environments an advantage
- Experience with Identity, KYC/AML, and regulatory technology an advantage
You may be a fit if:
- You’re a creative product thinker who loves collaborating across the company with engineering, risk operations, analytics, marketing, design and sale
- You are eager to roll up your sleeves and build out a new product idea with a fast-moving motivated team
- You have experience managing technical software products and navigating difficult technical tradeoffs
- You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or hunting down the root cause of a user’s frustration
- You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Beyond just shipping new products, you obsess about continuous product improvement and can optimize for shipping a portfolio of small, medium and large releases
- You have experience building or working on technical platforms that enable concurrent development of features by teams located around the world
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.