Product Manager, Finance Systems
Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet. Businesses of all sizes—from new startups to public companies like Amazon and Salesforce—use our software to accept online payments and run technically sophisticated financial operations in more than 100 countries. By helping businesses accept payments from anywhere in the world and accelerating the economic shift from offline to online, we aim to increase the GDP of the internet.
About the role and the team:
Finance Systems enables Stripe’s Finance teams to scale by building the financial infrastructure that powers Stripe’s product evolution. At most companies, finance is a cost to doing business, while at Stripe, finance is our business. This provides amazing opportunities to build world class products for finance to ensure that we can increase the internet’s GDP.
As a senior product manager for Finance Systems at Stripe, you will be responsible for building our forecasting and planning systems working across a broad range of internal finance and product teams. You will partner across engineering, data science, design and system teams to execute on our product strategy. You will partner with our finance and strategy teams to understand their challenges and recommend solutions that span forecasting, planning and reporting. You will be responsible for building tools that enable our C suite, board of directors, and other sr executives view the financial performance and metrics for our company. You will also need to help drive the key metrics within the company and ensure that we have a consistent methodology.
Our ideal candidate has built products in this space before, understands finance, is obsessed with solving for user needs, has an extreme attention to detail, concisely communicates complex concepts, has great business and analytical skills and is excited about beautiful product UX used by internal stakeholders. You’d be trusted with planning for a non-trivial portion of the world’s economy.
- Deeply understand our Finance and Strategy needs by spending time and observing patterns/trends. - You will live and immerse yourself in your users’ world to get an appreciation of what they do and what they need
- Define the product strategy and roadmap for finance and strategy products, including critical aspects of how Stripe does financial planning, measure business performance and partners effectively across the company to drive a higher ROI
- Work with multiple product teams to understand changes and ensure that our internal reporting accurately reflects these changes.
- Help design scalable and flexible systems by predicting the future and future proofing our internal finance infrastructure
- Own the product execution
- Own problems not just technology, we want our PM’s to own the full problem space and do what it takes to solve problems
We are looking for a product leader who has:
- Deep product management experience in fast growing teams
- Technical expertise: You’ve led technical products, and are equally excited about building amazing internal tooling that is used by Stripes
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Self-starter who thrives in a fast paced environment, deals well with ambiguity and focuses on driving impact
- Analytical horsepower: Demonstrated aptitude for digging deep into the data, thinking from first principles, and delivering the best results
- Team-first: You bring a team-first mentality and a knack for working well with a wide range of people
- Crisp communicator: High attention to detail including precise and effective communications with external customers/partners
- Results-oriented: You enjoy doing whatever it takes to execute on complex projects
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.