Product Manager, Developer Experience
About Developer Experience at Stripe
The developer experience team builds the API platform and developer tooling that power Stripe integrations across the world. We strive to provide developers building on Stripe’s APIs with the features and tools they need to build and grow their products.
At Stripe, Product Managers help build innovative products for our customers. Product development is an extremely collaborative effort between engineering, design, analytics and customer-facing teams. You’d be joining an extended team of experienced Product Managers who have a track record of successfully building large-scale business and consumer products that are collectively impacting millions of users around the world.
The Developer Experience Product Manager will be responsible for the product direction of Stripe’s API and supporting developer products. Their responsibility will include areas such as:
- Stripe’s API reference documentation
- API Client Libraries
- Webhooks and Events
- Request logs
- API Keys and Authentication
- Strategy for sustainable API expansion
- API versioning and deprecation strategies
- New projects designed to enhance Stripe’s APIs and overall developer experience
We’re looking for creative and curious product thinkers who can develop and grow a compelling vision for the future of Stripe’s API and overall developer experience.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience working with APIs.
- A love of developer products and tools.
- A strong understanding of the developer community
- Experience with payments-related products or with technical platforms
- Built products by collaborating across engineering, analytics, marketing, design and other key stakeholders
- Approached product management from a user’s vantage point and is motivated by the chance to improve the lives of customers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a precise talent for articulating customer challenges
- Experience managing technical software products from kick-off to ship
- A whatever-it-takes approach to ensure that your product and team are successful
- The ability to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Not only shipped new products, but is obsessed about continuous product improvement and can optimize for shipping a portfolio of small, medium and large releases.
- Started or ran a business before
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.