Product Manager, Capital
Help get businesses the financing they need
Millions of businesses on Stripe say that access to capital is one of their biggest barriers to growth. Stripe Capital is trying to change that.
Traditional bank loans can take days to apply for and weeks to get approved. With Stripe Capital, we underwrite businesses for loans using the payment volume they already process on Stripe, so applying for a loan takes minutes, and businesses can get funds in their account in as little as two days.
As a product manager on the Capital team, you’ll lead the charge as we expand our loan product to a suite of financial offerings tailored to our users’ specific needs, improve our underwriting process to qualify more businesses, and extend the opportunity to offer financing to our platform partners. This is a nuanced, highly regulated space but the opportunity for impact is huge.
- Help set an ambitious roadmap for product development and expansion for Stripe Capital
- Work with engineers, designers, and analysts to build products for Stripe’s emerging businesses
- Partner closely with data science, but also roll up your sleeves and dive into the data yourself
- Work closely with our customers, product teams, and cross functional partners to build a comprehensive and frictionless experience for our users
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 4+ years product management experience
- Experience working with complex, interconnected systems. Lending is complicated, and changes in one area can have ripple effects across the product.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. You’ll need to communicate your vision and drive execution on the immediate team and with stakeholders across the company.
- Software engineering experience, a computer science or engineering degree, or similar technical experience
Nice to haves:
- Experience with SQL or similar analytical tools
- Experience working with financial products
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.