PM Manager, Billing
The Stripe Billing team builds software tools that accelerate the economic and technological growth of global businesses who have long term relationships with their customers. Our product offering is a robust set of building blocks which our customers combine in creative ways to structure their business models in any way they can imagine. Building on these integrations, we offer tools such as billing analytics, revenue recognition, and smart recovery which help our customers understand their business, close their books, and make more money.
About the Role:
As a Product Manager on the Billing team at Stripe, you will be devising strategy, developing product requirements, and overseeing execution for the Billing platform. This platform is composed of multiple teams and includes products such as Subscriptions, Invoices, Quotes, Revenue Recognition and more. You will lead other PMs focused on specific areas of the product, and work closely with the Billing engineering team to build products which are highly composable with features across Stripe’s entire product portfolio.
At Stripe, Product Managers help build innovative payments products for our customers. Product development is an extremely collaborative effort between engineering, design, analytics and customer-facing teams. You’d be joining a team of experienced Product Managers who have a track record of successfully building large-scale business and consumer products that are collectively impacting millions of users around the world.
On a day to day basis you would spend your time split between external meetings with customers and internal discussions with your engineering, marketing, analytics, and sales counterparts. This role will provide the opportunity to develop the strategy for one of Stripe’s core products and get feedback on your plans directly from Stripe’s leadership team.
We’re looking for creative and curious product thinkers who can develop and grow a compelling vision for Stripe’s insights and analytics products
You may be a good fit if:
- You have experience managing technical software products from infancy to scale.
- You can internalize an entire cross-functional business and lead a comprehensive product vision.
- You have experience designing and building a multi-product platform.
- You’ve built and led a team of highly-effective product managers.
- You’re a creative product thinker who loves collaborating across the company with engineering, analytics, marketing, design and sales to experiment and build superior products.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems.
- You’re motivated by the chance to improve the lives of your users.
- You’ve ever started or run a business before (not a requirement).
- You have strong customer empathy.
- You’re scrappy, you do what it takes to get it done.
- Technical skills e.g., ability to gain an in-depth understanding of software systems, build a robust integration with the Stripe API, make meaningful contributions to high-stakes discussions on data modeling or software architecture, etc.
- Strong product sense.
- Experience managing other Product Managers and fostering their professional growth.
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.