Product Manager, Billing Experience
About the role:
Launching an online business is hard work. The Billing Experience team aims to enable users to do so in less than a day via hosted surfaces and tools that make it easy to get started when businesses want to monetize.
As the Billing Experience product manager, you’ll be responsible for a suite of products that let our users get started more quickly and operate their business more efficiently, including the Billing customer portal. Your goal will be to envision the future of hosted UIs for startups, and bring that vision to life by partnering with engineers and designers.
At Stripe, Product Managers help build innovative products. Product development is an extremely collaborative effort between engineering, design, analytics and customer and partner-facing teams. You’d be joining an extended team of experienced Product Managers who have a track record of successfully building large-scale business and consumer products that are collectively impacting millions of users around the world.
- Deeply understand startups and how Stripe can help them focus on their core business
- Define and execute the vision, strategy, and roadmap for differentiating Billing for startups, a core target market for Stripe
- Work closely with engineering, design, product marketing, and other Stripe product teams
- Work on 0 → 1 products.
You may be a good fit if:
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset
- You’re a strategic product thinker who can drive and align others on a long-term strategy
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- You thrive in ambiguous environments and love to solve hard, complex problems
- You’re obsessed with product quality and don’t settle for “good enough"
- You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful, no matter how big or small the issue may be
- You have an eye for design and love to think about user flows and user experiences
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.