Product Manager, B2B Network
We are building a network between businesses that serve other businesses. Global b2b transaction volume is more than $100T each year. These transactions and the underlying payments are often inefficient, slow and error-ridden. We are building a solution that makes it easy for businesses to transact with each other and provides a delightful experience in the process. This will involve creating a directory of trusted b2b merchants; the identity foundation; simple, fast and efficient money movement; business workflow around payments such as invoicing, orders and communications; and tools to comply with regulatory requirements. As we provide these services to more and more businesses, we build a natural network among these businesses and offer more services that benefit from economies that the network creates.
We are looking for a senior product leader to help us build these high impact products for B2B customers. As the PM Lead for this area, you will be deeply focused on understanding the needs of B2B customers and lead the strategy and execution for this area across Stripe’s product portfolio. You will have a unique opportunity to work across all of Stripe and collaborate with various teams in Core Payments, Financial Services and Revenue Management. You will also work deeply with our foundational teams that build the various surfaces and core objects. You will apply your product vision, insight and design sense to B2B users needs to both build net-new experiences and evolve the rest of the Stripe portfolio. You will work closely with other functions, including, for example, sales, marketing, design and data science.
- Be a well-rounded product leader – someone who has both excellent product design/UX sense and strength in business strategy
- Develop and set long-term vision and strategy for our B2B Network
- Drive product discussions with your most important users and partners to ensure that we meet their needs and achieve our near and long-term goals
- Drive product design and prioritization decisions across directly managed teams, as well as teams who own relevant products in other areas of the Stripe portfolio
- Be accountable for product roadmaps, resource allocation, and release cadence
- Be an evangelist for your product across the company, user base and the industry
We are looking for someone who has:
- Empathy for the problems that businesses small and large face in their day-to-day operations, and a desire to solve those problems. You’re able to win users’ hearts by clearly illustrating the value that Stripe’s products can unlock for them
- Experience designing and growing products with network effects
- An eye for great products who can work effectively with engineers, other product managers, and designers to build and scale them
- Broad skillset – someone who has excellent product design sense plus awareness and interest in market dynamics, etc.
- An instinct not to shy away from complexity. You are excited to solve extremely hairy product, business and technical issues
- The drive to flourish with minimal guidance; you are proactive and thrive in uncertain and ambiguous environments
- Technical skills e.g., ability to gain an in-depth understanding of software systems and make meaningful contributions to high-stakes discussions on data modeling or software architecture
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- Computer Science background or similar experience with demonstrated passion for technology
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run, and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.