Product Lead, Payments Performance
About the role and team:
Merchants choose Stripe to help them grow their businesses by converting sales to cash as efficiently, inexpensively, and transparently as possible. Merchants count on Stripe to deliver stellar performance on payments performance, by maximizing conversion and minimizing cost.
We are hiring an experienced product leader to drive critical payments performance efforts. This individual will own the end-to-end experience for critical aspects of payments performance (e.g., cost, conversion) on Stripe. They will build product experiences that empower merchants to optimize cost and conversion - and make the right tradeoffs between them where necessary, based on their business goals.
This opportunity has scope for an experienced leader to build and manage a team.
- Define Stripe’s product strategy and roadmap for key payments performance dimensions (cost, conversion)
- Drive the end-to-end product development lifecycle for efforts ranging from intelligent optimizations to customer dashboard reporting to new products
- Spend time with customers, sales, and support to understand customer needs in this area
- Identify and execute specific optimization opportunities to save Stripe merchants on payments costs or increase conversion
- Define the user experience for offering users the right level of visibility, monitoring, and control over cost and conversion
- Work closely with Stripe’s Partnerships team as well as our financial partners to deliver the best possible product experiences to Stripe merchants
We’re looking for someone with:
- Product experience: 8+ years of PM experience
- Leadership: You’ve mentored product managers, engineers, and designers in how to work together to build great products
- Technical expertise: You’ve led technical products or large-scale platforms and are equally excited about 99.9999% reliability as well as beautiful API design.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Self-starter who thrives in a fast paced environment, deals well with ambiguity and focuses on driving impact
- Analytical horsepower: Demonstrated aptitude for digging deep into the data, thinking from first principles, and delivering the best results.
- Team-first: Low ego, a team-first mentality, and a knack for working well with a wide range of people
- Crisp communicator: High attention to detail including precise and effective communications, including with external customers/partners
- Results-oriented: You enjoy doing whatever it takes to execute on complex projects
Nice to haves:
- Experience with SQL or a willingness/aptitude to learn
- Experience in external facing role (sales, partnerships)
- Experience with building ML-based products “Nice to have” really means “nice to have”. It’s completely possible that you don’t have any of these and are still a great fit for our team!
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.