Product Lead, Commerce and Payments
As the lead for our Commerce products, you’ll be responsible for leading Stripe’s company wide strategy for Commerce, defining the user journey, refining the product in partnership with engineering, and developing new products. You’ll be working closely with our customers, our product teams, and cross functional partners to build a comprehensive and frictionless experience for our users.
Our ideal Product Lead has managed technical products or large-scale platforms, and is obsessed with solving for user needs. They are very technical, able to put themselves in the shoes of both our developer users, but also have an extreme attention to detail when it comes to user experiences. They operate well in close partnership with their engineering teams, as well as drive initially ambiguously defined projects across the broader company.
- Deeply understand customer needs by spending time with customers, sales, and support and observing patterns/trends across their feedback and the market
- Define the product strategy and roadmap for Commerce, including critical aspects of the the user journey
- Own decisions directly impacting the growth of Stripe’s core Payments business
- Hire and grow a team of product managers responsible for defining the future of Commerce products at Stripe
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience developing a multi-year vision, strategy and roadmap for large scale products
- Commerce knowledge and expertise
- Built APIs, products, and complex systems at scale
- Worked on both early stage and growth stage products
- Experience hiring, managing, and building high performing Product Management teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
You may be a good fit if:
- You have 7+ years of experience in a product role and some years of people management experience
- You have led a large, cross-functional organization through product delivery
- You can internalize an entire cross-functional business and lead a comprehensive product vision
- You are a creative product thinker who loves collaborating across the company with engineering, design, analytics, marketing, and sales
- You have experience managing technical software products from kick-off to ship
- You have built and led a team of highly-effective product managers
- You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or hunting down the root cause of a user’s frustration
- Beyond just shipping new products, you obsess about continuous product improvement and can optimize for shipping a portfolio of small, medium and large releases
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run, and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.