Product Lead, Cards
About the role and team:
Given the central role of credit, debit, and pre-paid card payments in internet commerce, delivering the best possible customer and developer experience for cards on Stripe Payments is critical to this mission.
We are hiring an experienced Product Manager to drive our cards efforts going forward. Specifically, this individual will own the Stripe Payments roadmap for cards across customer-facing features, API enhancements, and infrastructure. All told, your goal is to ensure Stripe Payments is the best option for anyone looking to process cards-based payments to grow their business. This is a critical, high visibility role driving the direction of Stripe’s core product. A product leader in this role should enjoy spending significant time both with senior customer stakeholders on strategic roadmap discussions, as well as with developers understanding how early product experiences are performing.
- Deeply understand customer needs by spending time with customers, sales, and support and observing patterns/trends across their feedback and the market
- Define the product strategy and roadmap for cards, across our customer-facing features, API enhancements, and infrastructure
- Drive the end-to-end product development lifecycle for cards features/capabilities across Stripe Payments - ranging from infrastructure performance to reporting
- Own decisions directly impacting the growth of Stripe’s core Payments business
We are looking for who has:
- Product experience: 7+ years of PM experience
- Leadership: You’ve mentored product managers, engineers, and designers in how to work together to build great products, including driving efforts for teams of 50+ engineers
- Technical expertise: You’ve led technical products or large-scale platforms, and are equally excited about 99.9999% reliability as well as beautiful API design
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Self-starter who thrives in a fast paced environment, deals well with ambiguity and focuses on driving impact
- Analytical horsepower: Demonstrated aptitude for digging deep into the data, thinking from first principles, and delivering the best results.
- Team-first: You bring a team-first mentality and a knack for working well with a wide range of people
- Crisp communicator: High attention to detail including precise and effective communications, including with external customers/partners
- Results-oriented: You enjoy doing whatever it takes to execute on complex projects
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.