We are looking to hire an experienced, independent designer to be the founding designer for Stripe’s entire Asia-Pacific region. Your work will primarily be Product Design, but will also include marketing and visual design. You will have opportunities for strategic thinking across many different geographies, and wide-reaching areas of impact. You’ll be working with regional leadership and teams members, as well as designers across the globe.
Design at Stripe:
We believe there are too many barriers to doing business on the internet, and that opportunities are not equally distributed throughout the world. We also think building and growing a business online is a problem rooted in code, language, and design—not finance.
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet and expand economic access globally. We’re designing interfaces, tools, and infrastructure to help our users start, run, and scale an online business from anywhere in the world. That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a diverse set of designers of many disciplines, skills, backgrounds, and specialties to join our growing Design team.
The design team works across most projects at Stripe—from our brand voice and websites to events, web and mobile products, and even printed publications. And since Stripe’s main audience is other people who build products, we agonize over and take pride in crafting user-friendly and user-focused experiences.
- Be the founding designer for our Asia-Pacific region, supporting Singapore, Indonesia, Japan, Australia, and more
- Work with a variety of cross-functional partners, include engineers and product managers to define both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for our products
- Work closely with designers on your team to develop and expand product design systems
- Sometimes work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables
- Focus on what you do best — whether that’s sketches, wireframes, prototypes, designs, or code—and you’ll have the opportunity to sharpen the skills you’re looking to develop
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion with the design, product, and project teams
- Participate in design reviews and share your work regularly with the design and company leadership
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Can reduce complex problems down to the right balance of flexibility, power, and ease of use
- Have experience designing for business and developer-focused products
- Keep pushing your work until all details are attended to
- Are skilled in explaining your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and crave feedback to help you produce your best work
- You care about details and are excited to keep pushing your work until is pixel-perfect
- Think in systems and are able to extrapolate and extend shared patterns and behaviors
- Love working with other designers to help them learn and grow—and have them help you learn and grow
- Are uncompromisingly service-minded towards our users and your colleagues, but able to set and achieve priorities that find the perfect balance between benefiting the project, the Design team, and all of Stripe
- Have 5+ years relevant design experience at a tech, product-driven company
You should include these in your application:
- A link to your online portfolio
- Your CV or LinkedIn profile
- A few words about why Stripe is interesting to you
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.