Tell the Stripe story.
The Communications team builds Stripe’s brand, influence, and product awareness across the world. In recent years, Stripe’s product portfolio has expanded to include tools for fraud prevention (Radar), running multi-sided marketplaces (Connect), incorporating companies (Atlas), creating new credit cards (Issuing), and more. At the same time, Stripe’s core payments offering remains as valuable and useful as ever for modern businesses.
Now we’re looking for someone to join the team who can help us scale our product storytelling. This product communications role involves working closely with executives, engineers, designers, and our marketing team to launch new products; to differentiate Stripe in a crowded (and often misunderstood!) space; and to highlight Stripe’s engineering leadership. The ideal candidate is creative, has strong media relationships, and isn’t afraid of a few lines of code.
- Translate the complexity of Stripe’s products (and the scope of Stripe’s impact) into pitches and stories that expand what people think of when they hear “Stripe”
- Run major product launches and sustained product momentum campaigns
- Collaborate with Stripe’s executive team as well as senior product and engineering leaders on media interviews, events and speaking engagements
- Illuminate technical features and translate their broader impact
- Uncover engineering talent and their contributions, both to Stripe products and to the broader industry
- Develop and maintain relationships with key reporters, editors, and other influential commentators
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills.
- 8-10 years of experience in product-focused public relations, preferably in a high-growth and/or B2B environment.
- Experience collaborating with engineers, product managers and executives.
- Relationships with key technology reporters.
- A basic understanding of coding principles.
You should include these in your application:
- Resume or LinkedIn profile
- Writing samples are always welcome!
- Any information you think would be most useful for us in understanding your background and accomplishments
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.