We are looking for an experienced Accounting Policy and Technical Accountant to help us analyze and account for our most complex projects and baseline our policies in accordance with US GAAP. This candidate will have meaningful experience evaluating accounting issues with a particular focus in areas such as financial instruments (a must), consolidations, foreign currency, derivatives/hedging, investments, debt/equity, and revenue recognition. This person will build and maintain our accounting policy documentation with a particular focus on financial products; working cross-functionally and within the Accounting organization. The ideal candidate will have both public accounting experience (National Office rotation strongly preferred) in tech and/or financial service industries as well as hand-on industry experience working for companies with a high volume of complex transactions and issues.
This position within the Controllership organization will assess, research, analyse and document our accounting policy considerations for Stripe transactions, accounting policy elections, the adoption of new reporting and accounting standards, as well as other matters where technical expertise is required, particularly with respect to new product/service scoping and rollout. This position will work and advise cross-functional teams with a focus on collaborating with our Capital and Treasury Finance teams
- Be responsible for all the technical accounting assessment of all applicable matters
- Create, maintain and support our accounting conclusions
- Develop a deep understanding of the Company’s transactions and contracts with cross-functional teams
- Ensure that the Controllership organization can operationalize accounting requirements
- Implement processes to ensure any changes in our contracts or transactions are assessed for proper application of US GAAP
- Stay current with changes in accounting standard and industry practices
We’re looking for someone who has/is:
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, supported by 12-15 years work experience, preferably in the payments industry, financial services, tech or public accounting firm
- Demonstrated technical expertise (specifically FASB standards and SEC regulations)
- Detail orientation with exceptional organizational, analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Self-motivator and team player who brings a can-do approach
- The flexibility to constantly learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- CPA (or equivalent), preferred
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.