Product Manager, Merchant Intelligence - User Experience
About Merchant Intelligence and Risk
Removing barriers to online commerce is at the heart of Stripe’s mission, and doing so requires effectively and efficiently protecting the businesses that trust Stripe at scale. Although risk management often implies a tradeoff between the user experience and risk mitigation, the Merchant Intelligence team refutes that paradigm. Instead, we want to create products, programs and policies that simultaneously improve the user experience and grow the product, while systematically mitigating risks for Stripe’s business and partners.
You will be focused on providing a delightful experience for our merchants and minimizing friction, while ensuring the safety of our users in the financial ecosystem. You will be responsible for scaling how we provide great user experiences by building common components and infrastructure that Stripe teams can leverage. You’ll develop a nuanced understanding of the needs of Stripe’s diverse user base and ever growing product portfolio.
- Define goals related to user experience, constantly pushing the status quo
- Build frameworks that help other Stripe teams create a delightful risk experience
- Discover and implement UX best practices to reduce friction for users, even those who may be higher risk
- Rigorously measure outcomes that drive bottom line impact to Stripe’s business
- Collaborate closely with engineering, design, data science, and operations
- Work with Stripe users to educate them about and help prevent potential risks to their business
We’re looking for someone who has:
- An obsession with product quality and an eye for design, specifically an intuition for good user flows and user experiences
- The ability to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- The ability to communicate well to the broader organization; setting a compelling vision and with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- A desire to work closely with users, gather feedback, and understand their problems
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.