Product Manager, Banking as a Service
About the Team:
Stripe banking-as-a-service (BaaS) team is an end-to-end platform that lets marketplaces and platforms embed financial services in their products. Our team’s products include Stripe Treasury and Stripe Issuing. Our platform is infrastructure that enables our users to do things like run an entire card stack for a new digital bank, create employee expense cards with dynamic spending limits, or generate virtual cards so on-demand couriers can pay with their phones at specific merchants.
About the Role:
You’ll be responsible for building APIs that unlock new use cases, expand our footprint, and enable new features/services. You’ll also build products and services that tightly integrate with other services at Stripe. As a product manager for this business, you’ll be accountable for building the right product via activities like leading our process to get to product market fit, holding our product quality bar high, and developing market expertise in this complex space.
- Work closely with our engineers, designers, Strategy and Operations, and other product managers to build products for Stripe’s emerging businesses
- Help set an ambitious roadmap for product development and expansion for BaaS
- Work closely with our customers, product teams, and cross functional partners to build a comprehensive and frictionless experience for our users
- Discover net new parts of our business and lead them from nascent stages to maturity
We are looking for someone who has:
- Over 6 years of product management experience
- An entrepreneurial mindset towards making progress and finding product market fit in an emerging category
- Partnered closely with engineers to build products (especially APIs) and complex systems at scale
- Software engineering or similar technical experience
- A craftsperson’s attention to detail and care for great product experiences
- A driving desire for continuous product improvement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working on financial products
- Conducting product market research and building buy-in for product ideas from internal stakeholders and leadership
- Experience building brand new products or working in a startup environment
- Experience working with GTM teams to bring a new product to market
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.