Risk Strategy Analyst, Platforms & Marketplaces
We’re looking for a senior risk professional to join Stripe’s new Platform Risk Management team and lead risk strategy for marketplaces and partners.
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. More than 80% of American adults bought something on Stripe in the last year.
The Risk team plays a critical role in the company’s financial and partnership health. As a Platform Risk Strategist, you will directly impact stripe’s bottom line growth capabilities as a risk expert enacting data-driven, scalable risk processes for Stripe’s Global platform portfolio.
- Use data driven strategy to support building a new risk program specific to platform merchants that leverages existing risk controls and identifies areas for further development.
- Use analytics and data to derive insights on which global risk controls are working well at the platform level and which require customization for platforms as a unique merchant type.
- Partner with business analysis team to design comprehensive risk observability across platforms.
- Drive measurable results across risk indicators like loss performance, card testing, and account takeover at the platform level.
- Determine onboarding requirements from platforms and submerchants, finalizing requirements and execution of the requirements.
- Identify opportunities to develop and package risk as a product for platform merchants across market segments.
- Provide ongoing relationship management to large platforms from a risk perspective.
- Strong user relationship building and management skills. This includes communicating and negotiating around sensitive, complex topics.
- Experience working with data and analytics to derive insights and create targeted and innovative risk management solutions.
- Experience with SQL / Python / R or similar tool for data manipulation and insights generation is a plus.
- Strong project management, critical thinking, and business focus
- Good product understanding and ability to work with product and engineering teams. Review htts://stripe.com/connect to better understand the product that is used by our platform and marketplaces.
- Helped build and scale programs from the ground up.
- Experience with chargeback monitoring and similar risk programs a plus.
- Minimum 4 years professional experience, fraud / risk / trust & safety experience is a plus
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.