Account Executive, Platforms
As a Platform Account Executive, you will create partnerships between Stripe and the most innovative and fastest-growing software platforms in the world by helping them to understand how Stripe’s online commerce infrastructure can make payments a competitive advantage for their businesses.
The Platform Sales team works with B2B Software Platforms to help them facilitate payments for their customers using our Stripe Connect product. Software Platforms, also known as B2B Indirect, are software platform businesses who serve other businesses. Platforms already using Stripe include Shopify, Lightspeed and Xero.
As a founding member to the Stripe Platforms team in APAC, you will navigate complex organisations and identify ways Stripe can help them monetise financial services across their business. We’re early in building this specialisation with the need to develop our sales process, refine the value proposition and create localised set of key tools and assets. We’re looking for pioneers to join us on this adventure!
If you’re motivated, smart, persistent, and a great teammate, we want to hear from you!
- Own the full sales cycle, showcase Stripe value in competitive processes, and consultatively apply highly-technical product knowledge from Stripe solutions
- Identify and engage with high-potential prospective and existing SaaS Platforms, building long term, strategic relationships with them
- Work with leaders from multiple functions (e.g., Engineering, Product, and Finance) at existing and prospective users to lead complex product workshops and financial analyses
- Engage with Stripe’s Product and Engineering teams to drive product strategy in the region
We’re looking for someone with:
- Extensive experience directly selling a technology product or service, preferably at an API-first company, with a record of top performance
- A proven track record of moving sales processes forward from inception to close by leading complex, multi-party sales. SaaS Platforms are trusting Stripe to help them monetise financial services, and you have demonstrated a consultative approach to sales, are quick to understand their potential monetisation strategy, and are able to help your prospects articulate the value proposition of embedding financial services to create a SaaS Platform business unit.
- Great listening skills and ability to quickly become a trusted resource for decision-makers across technology and finance orgs within software companies
- An ability to understand complex technical problems and understand how Stripe’s solutions can address them. You are confident in understanding Stripe’s API and having technical discussion with support from Stripe engineers.
- A positive attitude and tireless work ethic when encountering blockers to success, whether external or internal
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven ability to lead complex negotiations involving bespoke commercial agreements including revenue share arrangements.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Strong interest in technology and fintech.
- Experience in or excitement in learning about the underlying financial technology infrastructure
- Fastidious approach to CRM hygiene and experience utilizing thorough sales forecasting metrics on a weekly/quarterly basis and communicating them in a succinct manner
Nice to have:
- Knowledge and understanding of existing and developing payments technologies
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.